Trail of ‘98 Museum Annex in Copper Center off the Richardson Highway displays early-day cultural items from the Copper Valley area.
Copper Center was established in 1898 as government agriculture experiment station. The Trail of ’98 came from Valdez and joined in the area with Eagle Trail to Forty Mile and Dawson. Today, Copper Center has a post office, dining, lodging, grocery, and gas services.
Photo by Serine Reeves.